Manager of Ambulatory Care Department
- Upland, CA
What you'll be doing
- Manages a single department or multiple small departments providing ambulatory patient care services. Ensures staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective care and patient focused services to members across the continuum which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical and nursing practice standards, budgets, and staff development. Manages the planning, development, implementation, delivery, and evaluation/improvement of quality out-patient/nursing services that add value and are integrated with nursing standards of practice, service priorities and performance/outcome measures, as well as with strategic, business, and organizational goals/objectives. Ensures that services meet members physicians and internal clients needs in a changing and competitive health care market. Manages, coordinates service delivery and programs assigned to assistant manager. Manages and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services and operations by designing and implementing systems, processes, and methods to evaluate and improve patient care across the continuum of care. Collaborates with physicians and other health care providers in establishing, implementing, maintaining and evaluating/improving patient care and quality service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations. Acts as a patient advocate resolving patient care issues. Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care. Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service. Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
What your background should be
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in ambulatory care nursing or other relevant clinical experience is required. Current California RN license required; BLS certification required. Demonstrated interpersonal skills; knowledge of ambulatory care practices/operations/issues. Must be able to work in a labor/management partnership environment. Knowledge of nurse practice act, TJC, and other local, state and federal regulations.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in nursing.
Who is the client company
- Healthcare services provider company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org