Manager General Accounting-GSS
- Bentonville, AR
What you'll be doing
- The manager, general accounting, assists in the preparation of financials, balance sheet reconciliations and financial audits. He/she communicates accounting results. Coordinates, completes and oversees job-related activities and assignments for general accounting department. The general accounting manager ensures accuracy of financial statement closing processes. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values and standards of ethics and integrity. Executes accounting processes and leads the reconciliation team. The general accounting manager prepares financial information in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (gaap) and regulatory requirements. The responsible person provides supervision and development opportunities for associates.
What your background should be
- 1 year experience in accounting, finance or related field or 5 years experience in accounting, finance or related field. 1 year experience reading, writing and speaking both english and spanish languages. 1 year experience using sap or other enterprise financial reporting system required. 1 year experience using basic functionality of word processing, spreadsheet and database software (for example, Word, Excel, Access) required. 1 year experience with United States generally accepted accounting principles (U.S. gaap). 2 years experience reviewing reconciliations and journal entries. 2 years of supervisory experience. Certified management accountant (cma). Certified public accountant (cpa).
Required Schooling / Training
- Master degree or a bachelor degree in accounting, finance or related field required.
Who is the client company
- The client is an American multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of discount department stores and warehouse stores.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com