Manager, Faculty Support
- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Manage a team of academic and research specialists, including hiring, training, performance management, and coaching. Coordinate faculty billing for time. Further the faculty mission of teaching through the creation and preparation of course materials including Blackboard (course management) sites, digital course reserves, course packs, handouts, and PowerPoint slides. Analyze, validate and evaluate drafts of problem sets and exams to ensure clarity and accuracy, and recommend changes as necessary. The manager will calculate and validate advanced math formulas/equations; possession of a general understanding of basic concepts as relate to economics is useful. Oversee and manage teaching assistants on behalf of faculty in a manner consistent with faculty requirements. Respond to students on a wide variety of concerns and course-related questions. Enter grades with delegated authority from faculty members, ensuring FERPA privacy guidelines are met. Further the faculty research mission by providing technical and administrative support for primary research: includes pulling data sets and cleaning data; preparation of manuscripts and other documents; editing documents for clarity; navigation of paper submission process with publishers; management of research labs or centers (for example, RA time management, ordering/coordinating research study supplies, and managing hardware and software used for studies) and grant proposals; may orient or coordinate the work of research support staff and students; conduction of literary reviews which require the ability to research similar bodies of work in the marketplace which will serve as a foundation for new research by faculty; and analysis of data using statistical software and/or specialized software. Act as an ambassador for booth and a resource for guests before, during, and after their visits to campus. Assume responsibility for ensuring highest quality event management for events such as research seminars, conferences, and meetings. Oversee and reconcile budget (through vendor selection, budget projections, and general checks and balances within the budget) for workshops and events. Manage day to day operation of faculty group, primarily in the areas of financial and support services management. Ensure compliance with relevant booth, university and other policies and guidelines. Develop budgets for workshops and events. Monitor and reconcile accounts. Oversight management of the day to day financial processes, payment of invoices, and processing of reimbursements. May develop financial reporting for grants. Create, edit, and maintain class web pages and faculty personal web pages, utilizing advanced computer skills in web page management. May provide assistance to other office staff, such as deans' office during recruiting and research centers with which the faculty collaborate, to ensure efficiently running organization support to all faculty. Supervisor will assist in determining some faculty needs, and may assign tasks as needed on behalf of faculty and the faculty services office.
What your background should be
- A minimum of five years of work experience in related capacity required, particularly in a university setting preferred. Management experience strongly preferred. Competencies high degree of professionalism required. Excellent service, communication, and interpersonal skills required. Superior organizational skills and constant attention to detail required. Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills required. Proven ability to work independently, proactively, courteously, efficiently, and tactfully, using sound judgment, in a fast paced environment with diverse populations required. Demonstrated skill managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, time sensitive, high output environment required. Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and faculty information required. Ability to understand faculty needs and faculty culture, while also being able to deliver effective solutions to individual faculty, required. Ability to learn research tools such as Stata required. Mastery of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed, required. Familiarity with a research environment preferred. Understanding of academia and higher education in a research and teaching environment/culture preferred. Knowledge of research techniques and methods preferred. Exposure to Dreamweaver and Blackboard software preferred. Knowledge of math type tool preferred. An interest in business school environment, grants/proposals, and research/lab work preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- A private research university. Concern about research and educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org