Manager, Faculty Support
- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Manage a team of academic and research specialists, including hiring, training, performance management, and coaching. Coordinate faculty billing for time. Further the faculty mission of teaching through the creation and preparation of course materials including blackboard (course management) sites, digital course reserves, course packs, handouts, and PowerPoint slides. Analyze, validate and evaluate drafts of problem sets and exams to ensure clarity and accuracy, and recommend changes as necessary. The manager will calculate and validate advanced math formulas/equations; possession of a general understanding of basic concepts as relate to economics is useful. Oversee and manage teaching assistants on behalf of faculty in a manner consistent with faculty requirements. Respond to students on a wide variety of concerns and course-related questions. Assume responsibility for ensuring highest quality event management for events such as research seminars, conferences, and meetings. Oversee and reconcile budget (through vendor selection, budget projections, and general checks and balances within the budget) for workshops and events.
What your background should be
- A minimum five years of work experience in related capacity required, particularly in a university setting preferred. Management experience strongly preferred. Competencies High degree of professionalism required. Excellent service, communication, and interpersonal skills required. Superior organizational skills and constant attention to detail required. Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills required. Proven ability to work independently, proactively, courteously, efficiently, and tactfully, using sound judgment, in a fast paced environment with diverse populations required. Demonstrated skill managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, time sensitive, high output environment required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about research and educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com