Manager, Accounts Payable
- Sacramento, CA
What you'll be doing
- Supervising AP staff (permanent and temporary), facilitating and/or monitoring issues relating to customer inquiries, processing invoices, check requests, wire transfers, payment process, daily/weekly sox controls, online banking tasks (manual checks, voids, etc.), month end close processes in oracle system, GL account reconciliations, sales tax requirements, and handling other tasks as arise. Developing and/or maintaining company-wide directives, procedures and processes. Developing and/or monitoring internal control practices and processes for sox or other regulatory requirements. Supporting testing of oracle EBS system patches, change requests, other system functionality as required. Monitoring and reporting AP metrics. Supporting audit requests (internal audit, DCAA, state FTB agencies, and other external groups). Following-up/resolving transaction exceptions relating to ongoing AP/PO accrual or other issues as requested. Coordinating cash requirement reports and payments made with treasury. Managing IRS form 1099 reporting process.
What your background should be
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct, and control the activities of the assigned organization. U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident or other status as a U.S. person required. Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations governing assigned program areas, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and transactional accounting systems, government contract regulations (cost accounting standards (CAS), federal acquisition, regulations (FAR), etc. Ability to provide effective direction, leadership, and team building, manage employees and complete associated administrative tasks, including the ability to select, appraise, motivate, and develop direct reports.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in an appropriate discipline.
Who is the client company
- This is an American rocket and missile propulsion manufacturer.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org