Managed Care Coordinator
- Marshfield, WI
What you'll be doing
- The managed care coordinator completes insurance managed care requirements and provides case management as needed for services performed in the inpatient, outpatient, and ambulatory surgery center and provider office settings. The candidate obtains and provides insurance benefit information to patients and medical departments. The incumbent assists patients and providers with developing strategies for alternative options for non-covered services by communicating with the provider, patient, insurance carrier and patient assistance counselor.
What your background should be
- Medical terminology required. Anatomy/physiology required within one year of hire. Continuing education and developing additional skills via corporate education, seminars and classes are essential. Annual completion of clinic CBTs as required for position. A minimum of three years of experience in medical business office, health care setting or comparable experience required. Prior experience should include working with and obtaining insurance eligibility and benefit information.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school degree or equivalent required. Graduate of a medical assistant, health unit coordinator or health care business service program preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com