Major Gifts Officer (Foundations)
- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Develop ongoing relationships with major donors through a portfolio of donors and prospects. Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goals including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Accountable for cultivating relationships for foundational fundraising. Develop and execute ongoing strategies for qualifying suspects and elevating them to prospect status via small cultivation events, research, and community networking; 30% of the portfolio is expected to have been sourced by the MGO. Identify, pursue, cultivate, and enhance relationships with foundations and government agencies in support of funding needs. Research, develop, and write proposals to secure grants from foundations including the united way and other grant-making organizations. Design and disseminate customized solicitation strategies targeting organizational objectives and donor interests in partnership with cross-departmental teams; maintain up-to-date donor records in region/chapter database following donor contact.
What your background should be
- Minimum 7 years of major gifts leadership experience. Experience in the development and implementation of a broad based fundraising program including personally opening doors, cultivating, and successfully closing major gifts. Grant writing and project management experience required. Progressive experience in successful development programs and knowledge of best practices in development.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree required.
Who is the client company
- This is a humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief and education inside the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org