Major Gifts Officer
- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Develop ongoing relationships with major donors through a portfolio of donors and prospects. Responsible for minimum annual fund raising goals including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Accountable for cultivating relationships for foundational fund raising. Develop and execute ongoing strategies for qualifying suspects and elevating them to prospect status via small cultivation events, research, and community networking. Identifies, pursues, cultivates, and enhances relationships with foundations and government agencies in support of funding needs researches, develops, and writes proposals to secure grants from foundations including the united way and other grant-making organizations. Design and disseminate customized solicitation strategies targeting organizational objectives and donor interests in partnership with cross-departmental teams. Maintain up-to-date donor records in region or chapter database following donor contact.
What your background should be
- Minimum 7 years of major gifts leadership experience. Experience in the development and implementation of a broad based fund raising program including personally opening doors, cultivating, and successfully closing major gifts. Grant writing and project management experience required. Progressive experience in successful development programs and knowledge of best practice in development.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required. Advanced degree is highly desirable.
Who is the client company
- The company is a humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief and education inside the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org