Major Gift Officer
- Baltimore, MD
What you'll be doing
- Develops ongoing relationships with major donors for the benefit of the company. Manages a portfolio of donors and prospects; responsible for annual fundraising goal as specified in performance standards, including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Implements programs/activities to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors at the $1,000 level or higher, with an emphasis on maximizing revenue for the company; accountable for cultivating relationships for individual fundraising. Identifies potential planned giving prospects among assigned donors and partners with region assigned gift planning officer to solicit those prospects. Works with chapter board members and other leadership volunteers to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward appropriate donors. Participates in disaster relief fundraising projects as appropriate. Works collaboratively with other departments and partners with development staff at the national office to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor/prospect. Assists in other financial development projects as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum 5 years of major gifts leadership experience. Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent verbal and written skills. Knowledge of office systems: MS office preferred and fundraising database systems.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required; advanced degree is highly desirable.
Who is the client company
- This is a humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief and education.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com