Maintenance Utility Team Member
- Kissimmee, FL
What you'll be doing
- The maintenance utility team member is an entry level position for the maintenance organization. In this position, the person will learn fundamental maintenance skills. This person will gain a basic understanding of equipment in the facility and assist a more experienced mechanic with repair tasks, project tasks, or preventive maintenance tasks. The maintenance utility will work independently to perform general maintenance tasks, simple preventive maintenance tasks, or simple routine maintenance tasks. As training, skills and experience progress, the maintenance utility will be assigned more complex tasks. Successful performers could be promoted to a maintenance mechanic. Essential functions and responsibilities include but not limited to determine safety precautions and requirements for task; gather tools and spare parts for task; use tools safely; check condition of tools prior to using; use appropriate personal protective equipment; perform tasks as directed by more experienced mechanic, as indicated with work instructions and/or with mentor oversight; evaluate condition of equipment; turn in unused spare parts; document condition of equipment as found, work performed, spare parts used and any other applicable documentation, close out work orders and preventative maintenance requests; perform rack repairs; provide status of incomplete tasks bridging the two shifts; attend and participate in training as scheduled; demonstrate positive and effective interactions with maintenance customers.
What your background should be
- At least two years of work experience in a related area is preferred. The applicant requires possessing a valid state driver license, demonstrated adherence to safety requirements and demonstrated mechanical/electrical aptitude. The candidate requires being able to work independently and make sound decisions; prioritizes tasks, able to read blueprints, schematics and other technical drawings. The applicant is required to be able to work in a fast-changing environment; adapts easily to new situations and be able to operate various maintenance and operations vehicles and equipment.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is asked. Technical school graduate preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company provides retailer service such as home improvement and appliance stores.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org