- Moore Haven, FL
What you'll be doing
- Performing preventive, corrective and emergency maintenance. Operating equipment and machinery related to assigned area. Performing carpentry work in repairing or replacing doors, windows, walls, flooring, roofing and any other work pertaining to wood structures. Performing plumbing, heating and air conditioning work in repairing furnaces, duct work, air conditioners, piping, instrument controls, wash basins, toilet facilities or any other related work requiring these skills. Performing electrical work in repairing and replacing fluorescent fixtures, control switches, disconnecting wiring or any other related work requiring these skills. Performing minor construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters and workbenches using precision hand tools and power tools. Performing mechanical work involving repair and maintenance of facility machinery, motors and vehicles. Maintaining records of repairs. Assisting in maintaining the security of assigned detainees. Performing other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum 2 years of general maintenance experience is required. Able to perform general plumbing, carpentry, mechanical and electrical repairs. Effectively communicates with residents and staff. Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department maintenance technician.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This company specializing in corrections, detention and mental health treatment.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org