- Wichita, KS
What you'll be doing
- The maintenance superintendent ensures the safety of all patrons who visit cemeteries and funeral homes and all its employees. The candidate ensures maintenance of all company properties and improvements, including buildings and fixtures, equipment, and all operations. S/he manages all maintenance personnel to carry out maintenance on all properties, buildings, and fixtures. The incumbent recruits maintenance personnel at locations by positing positions, interview candidates, and making offers to candidates. S/he provides maintenance personnel supports and ongoing training when necessary. This position delegates and assigns projects as needed. The applicant enforces all company policies and procedures and disciplines subordinates as needed. S/he meets and works with location sales and administration to recognize and discuss current and future needs of the specific location. S/he performs all landscape maintenance duties such as weed-whacking, lawn mowing and day-to-day general maintenance duties. Maintains and operates machinery appropriately in a safe manner. Installs or assists in installing cemetery vaults, headstones, and memorials as needed. The role performs other duties as assigned by the regional director of maintenance and development.
What your background should be
- The candidate should have 5+ years of experience in maintenance, facilities management, or related field. Applicant must possess a valid state driving license. S/he should have the ability to supervise and train maintenance employees at locations; ability to handle multiple tasks with interruptions; ability to operate maintenance equipment and machinery. The role should have excellent organizational skills, excellent customer service skills, excellent communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills. Cemetery work experience is preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school equivalency required.
Who is the client company
- A provider of deathcare, cemeteries and funeral homes services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com