Maintenance Shop Technician
- Rancho Cordova, CA
What you'll be doing
- Maintain advanced knowledge of a vehicle engine, emission system, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical system to perform advanced preventive and repair maintenance function, on site and on the road, including advanced engine chassis repair and maintenance. Maintain and repair the vehicle in a timely and safe manner. Effectively diagnose and repair complex heating and cooling system in the vehicle in a timely and safe manner. Safely operate welding tool to fix heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner to ensure the equipment is back in an operable condition as quickly and as safely as possible. Identify the source of the malfunction using a variety of electronic tool. Refer more complex repair to lead technician. The statement herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee. Perform all other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- At least three years of experience in a technician position requiring knowledge and application of OSHA Haz Com; OSHA lock out tag out and all OSHA fire protection regulations. Advanced knowledge in air brakes, tires as evidenced by ASE certification and at least 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy duty class 8 trucks. Advanced training in hydraulics as evidenced by ASE certification and a minimum of 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy duty class 8 trucks. Advanced electrical training as evidenced by ASE certification and a minimum of 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy duty class 8 trucks. Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications. Automotive service excellence (ASE) certification. ASE T-master certified. Class B commercial driving license.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This is the second largest non-hazardous solid waste management company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com