Maintenance Shop Mechanic
- Hazelwood, MO
What you'll be doing
- Diagnoses mechanical problems using charts, diagnostic software, technical manuals and expertise. Performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, brake systems, transmissions, electrical systems, engines, balers, conveyor systems and compactors. Repairs or replaces parts, such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings, using mechanic hand tools. Overhauls or replaces carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, conveyor belts and pumps. Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or equipment operators for clarification of problems. May discuss preventive techniques with equipment users and vehicle drivers to minimize future repairs. Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for applied times (work order times versus time card times). Complete daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil usage, and provide information for input in Republic Services Dossier (Fleet Management Software) system. May repair and install plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
What your background should be
- Minimum 1 year of related equipment maintenance and repair experienced. Other knowledge, skills & abilities, basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications. Advanced knowledge in air brakes, tires as evidenced by ASE certification and at least 1 year of experience as a technician working on applicable equipment. During employment, a technician will complete the Republic PM Program and the One Fleet Republic Way program.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- The company provides waste management service.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com