Logistics Account Executive
- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Research leads, develop entrance strategies, and qualify your prospects transportation spend to generate new business partners and individual and branch profitability. Present multiple modes of transportation to your customer base, allowing you to build a complete transportation and supply chain solution for the customer. Prepare rates and to prospective business partners and gain lucrative opportunities that will assist you in successfully meeting your monthly, quarterly, and team goals and initiatives. Dispatch to your carriers, and properly update your loads within transportation management system, ensuring all of your loads are following policy and procedure. Consistently track and trace your freight movements from origination to destination, and take full responsibility for any occurrences while solving them both constructively and efficiently. Maintain contact with your carriers, and any other parties that will be handling your freight to ensure the shipper and consignee are aware of any challenges or issues that may arise. Continuously develop your carrier base allowing for optimal solutions for your customers.
What your background should be
- Previous experience in a full truckload business development and operational environment preferred. Previous experience in the following modes: dry van, expedited, flatbed, oversized loads, refrigerated, intermodal, and to have a keen understanding of overall freight movement preferred. Ability to work independently while supporting an overall team mentality. Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED, bachelor's degree in business or similar field of study with emphasis in: supply chain, transportation, logistics, sales, marketing, or international business preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a leading third party logistics provider connecting customers with carriers to move full truckload freight in the US, Mexico and Canada.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org