- Chelmsford, MA
What you'll be doing
- The locate technician will view maps and other documents to determine the existence of underground utilities; operate hand held detection equipment in the designed manner to accurately locate and identify underground lines, cables, etc. Mark the location of such facilities on roadways, private property, and other appropriate locations using required spray paints, flags and other equipment. Complete and document work activities using laptop computer and transmit completed tickets on a timely basis to the company mainframe. Follow all safety rules and regulations and successfully complete company training certification program and complete and pass re-certification training and testing, and work on-call hours.
What your background should be
- A locate technician should have a valid driving license. Utility construction and electrical technology background or training is preferred. Ability to understand and implement challenging technical theories and principles; ability to work independently, be organized, and demonstrate good time management skills to plan and accomplish assigned workload as required. Be required to work outside in all types of weather conditions. Good communications skills with contractors, utility representatives, and municipal workers, often under adverse and stressful situations. Ability to utilize computer and be familiar with computer access and software to perform the job.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- This is an American retailing company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com