- Livonia, MI
What you'll be doing
- Coordinate, route and schedule inbound and outbound traffic to include hot or expedite request. Effectively communicate with service provider, associate, customer and other third party via telephone, email or in person to accomplish necessary objective. Responsible for a site or region of activity on time service, capacity management and freight cost to ensure attainment of budget and service level requirement. Manage delivery appointment acquisition process and daily shipping volume for dc, plant and other shipping point. Ensure adherence to customer requested ship and delivery date by scheduling load via the appropriate and most cost effective mode. Evaluate and communicate trade off between cost and service. Optimize freight cost by consolidating order into shipment, selecting the lowest cost or best service mode and carrier to including utilizing pool shipment and multi stop truckload. Identify, recommend and support the implementation of corrective action or continuous improvement opportunity to include adjustment to internal and external process, routing guide and carrier performance. Prepare and distribute report per internal and customer requirement. Monitor carrier performance out of assigned shipping point or region. Lead performance review and corrective action process with service provider. Monitor and manage service level exception such as tender rejection, missed pickup or delivery. Ensure data accuracy to support proper accounting and performance metric to include activity detail, cost and exception reason code as necessary.
What your background should be
- 1-3 years logistics or transportation industry experience. Experience in project management discipline. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent negotiation skills. Excellent communication skills. Excellent presentation skills. Good knowledge in MS Excel. Excellent customer service skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
Who is the client company
- The leader in supply chain management and third-party logistics solutions for the world's largest companies.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com