Linux Systems Engineer-IS Admin Generalist
- Chester, VA
What you'll be doing
- Identify problematic server and develop a plan to fix or replace. Work with project management to execute new server implementation project. Ensure all server meet NG/VITA standard. Resolve server incident ticket within predefined SLA. Develop process improvement and standardize across team. Develop process and execute upgrade and migration project. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedure. Contribute to and maintain system standard. Maintain and support Linux/Unix related hardware, software and application. Create and/or update documentation for system. Provide input and enforcement to the design and implementation of operational policy. Design, implement and maintain stand alone and clustered system. Mentor and train other team members.
What your background should be
- Understanding of IT service delivery. Proven customer services in a complex environment. Excellent interpersonal skills. Self motivated and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment. Must be a team player, proactive and possess excellent problem solving, communication and organizational skills. Must participate in on call duty rotation that requires evening and weekend work. If applicable, must be able to pass fingerprint background check and obtain and maintain security accesses for state agencies being supported. Red Hat and other versions of the Linux operating system. Experience with patching Linux. Experience with HBA/SAN implementation.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience (10 years with bachelor's; 8 years with master's.
Who is the client company
- This is an American global aerospace and defense technology company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org