- Staten Island, NY
What you'll be doing
- Installation, configuration, and support of Linux operating system and peripheral equipment. Building, installing, and configuration of Linux based servers, deploying and testing O/S updates, and performance tuning in a test and production environment. Provide Linux systems administration (Red Hat Linux, SSH and SFTP) for all installed Linux systems in environment. Solid understanding of networking, and standard network applications (i.e. TCP/IP, ICMP, trace route, TCPdump, LAN routing). Diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for hardware and O/S issues. Maintain/troubleshoot postfix, DNS, send mail, SMTP and custom application issues. Utilize support lines and other outside professional services for software installation and problem resolution. Acts as liaison with McKesson clinicals technical support team. Securing and maintaining all the Linux systems with best practices and policies. Develops procedures for operations, backup and disaster recovery procedure. Provide key operational statistics on system usage, disk utilization, downtime and performance. Create and maintain operational documentation and technical documentation.
What your background should be
- Familiarity with various common Linux distributions (Ubuntu, RHEL, Gentoo, CentOS). Strong familiarity with JBoss Java application server. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written. Solid understanding of TCP/IP networks. Knowledge of active directory based LDAP authentication. Familiarity with MySQL administration. Passionate, hard-worker, team player, willingness to contribute in multiple areas. Strong sense of pride in workmanship.
Required Schooling / Training
- B.S. in computer science or related course of study and/or equivalent
Who is the client company
- Concern about technical professional and executive search firm.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com