Licensed Practical Nurse
- Washington, DC
What you'll be doing
- Provides comprehensive nursing services under the direction of a registered nurse to individuals, families, and communities in the areas of health promotion and disease prevention while safeguarding integrity and recognizing right to make own decisions. Interprets students immunization needs. Continues to expand clinical base of nursing knowledge and skills. Rotates between assigned schools, as needed. Organizes nursing activities for the day. These activities may involve vision screening, scoliosis screening, and referrals. Appraises the needs of the general student population and special education students with multi-handicaps. Performs a variety of selective individual health assessments, initiates the referrals on identified defects, and performs subsequent follow-up.
What your background should be
- One year (minimum length) of vocational/technical training program in a related field. One year of nursing experience in community health, ambulatory care, or school health setting. Must possess an unencumbered license to practical nursing in the district of Columbia. Knowledge and understanding of a school health program, including recognizing trends relating to school health as well as development patterns and needs of school-age children. Knowledge of a wide variety of medical conditions, diagnoses, and specific diseases. Ability to provide general health information to school age children and families with a wide variety of health problems with the supervision of a registered nurse.
Required Schooling / Training
- HS diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a medical radiation equipements provider company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com