Lead Terminal Operator
- Tampa, FL
What you'll be doing
- Lead terminal operator is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair of the terminal loading rack, storage and all equipment associated with terminal operations; keeping in good working order and acceptable appearance. Maintain facility to meet or exceed company standards. Help analyze and solve problem situations. Also responsible for receiving and storage of petroleum products, following all pipeline receiving and product sampling procedures. Leading activities related to the receipt, storage, inventory control and dispensing of liquid petroleum products for the field location. Assist in the overall operation and maintenance of the terminal & pipeline. Also responsible for pipeline operating duties, including responding to emergency response notifications and handling deliveries of petroleum products to the pipeline. Be knowledgeable of petroleum terminal regulations. Stay aware of all environmental regulations, safety directives and operating procedures so that the terminal can assure compliance. Ensure that management is apprised of any area or issue that should be addressed regarding regulatory compliance including environmental, health and safety. Maintain a good relationship with all terminal customers and respond to their inquiries and needs as required. Manage relationships with local governmental officials and assure timely and accurate information dissemination. Maintain a solid understanding of the computer inventory control system. Demonstrate proficiency in all typical functions such daily gain/loss tracking, setting up new accounts, issuing access cards, entering adjustments to inventory, running reports, setting allocations, and locking out accounts when instructed to do so by customers or the scheduling coordinator. Be familiar with general pipeline operations and handle pipeline receipts at the terminal and assist with other pipeline duties such as one call investigations, etc. Assist in long term maintenance capital programs for each site.
What your background should be
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some related skills like accountability, communication and feedback, problem solving and decision making, technical expertise etc also required for this position. 5+ years related experience in terminal ling or pipeline operations preferred. General knowledge of petroleum industry equipment and maintenance of pumps, meters, and truck loading rack required. Familiarity with computerized inventory control systems and truck rack automation systems desirable. This person must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for emergency response. Position may require exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous environments and require the physical stamina to climb tanks, work long hours in the field and wear a respirator.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the primary distributors of petroleum and pipeline supply company in United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org