Lead Store Clerk
- Fort Myers, FL
What you'll be doing
- Serves as lead worker to employees working in the thrift store; assists store customers in donating, selecting and purchasing store items; trains employees in the proper procedures for operating and maintaining a cash register; monitors employees work in progress and upon completion to ensure accuracy and completeness; maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of the store displays; ensures the security of store items and the cash register. Prepares, processes and maintains various sales records, tax forms and social service vouchers; prepares routine sales reports as directed; maintains the neatness and security of the cash register area; ensures that forms, bags, etc. are adequately stocked. Ensures the store displays are properly prepared and maintained; supervises and participates in the rotation and/or rearranges of stock as directed; ensures that all items are returned to the proper location after customers have handled. Assists customers by explaining store policy and responding to questions regarding the pricing and/or purchasing of items; ensures that all customers visiting the store have a pleasant experience. This position description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this position description.
What your background should be
- One year progressively responsible experience working in a retail store is required. The applicant must have the knowledge of effective customer service techniques and knowledge of the principles and practices of basic mathematics. Ability to instruct and train co-workers in the proper methods and procedures for performing work and ability to lead and motivate employees in performing work assignments are expected from the applicant.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or G.E.D is asked.
Who is the client company
- The client is a christian denominational church and an international charitable organization.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org