Lead Quality Assurance Engineer (Web Application Testing)
- Marlborough, MA
What you'll be doing
- Lead the definition and development of web quality assurance standards. Create and manage the development of test plans and test cases according to client and technical specifications using both manual and automated test suites. Thoroughly test products through all phases of the development life cycle (functional testing, regression/integration testing, performance testing). Mentor other team members in best practices of quality assurance in web applications. Effectively influence teammates to ensure high levels or product quality. Identify quality risk areas, and manage mitigation options. Contribute to continuous process improvements to increase the efficiency of QA and development. Interact with developers during all stages of projects; participating in design and code reviews when appropriate. Actively participate in establishing project plans and effort estimation. Regular interaction with peers and management regarding assigned project tasks. Keep up-to-date with current web development, coding and testing standards.
What your background should be
- Minimum 7+ years of testing Web-based applications, with 3+ years in a lead position. Experience in testing applications developed with the following technologies: Visual Studio 2012, .NET 4.5, REST APIs, HTML/CSS, responsive design, Kentico portal development framework/content management systems. Working knowledge of relational databases and database queries (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server). Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and agile methodologies. 5+ years of test automation experience; automated web services testing experience; continuous integration experience; test-driven development experience. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. strong organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS in computer science or software engineering or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a specialized it staffing company focused on consulting and direct hire placement in a variety of industries such as healthcare, software, financial services, government, utility/energy, biotech/pharma, retail, and education.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com