- Omaha, NE
What you'll be doing
- The client company is currently looking for a law clerk. This position is responsible to conduct research and draft memoranda on various topics related to the operation of the company business. The candidate will review and interpret contracts, laws, regulations, and other guidance relating to the operation of the company business. S/he will prepare draft pleadings, discovery requests and responses, and various other litigation related documents. The applicant will review documents and records for production in litigation matters. The incumbent will provide otherwise general support to the legal department in the areas of corporate law, banking, contracts, corporate governance, litigation, regulatory compliance, among others. The law clerk will perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- The candidate should have regular and predictable attendance and knowledge of Westlaw and other research platforms, Microsoft office applications, and aptitude to quickly learn other applications as needed. S/he should have the ability to work individually (self-motivated) and as a team member, ability to lift 40 lbs from time to time, capable of interacting with varying audiences and professional demeanor; ability to maintain confidences. The incumbent should have additional strong research skills, effective writing skills, and strong problem solving skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Current student from an accredited law school with one-year completion
Who is the client company
- The client offers online banking, credit and financial services for consumers and businesses
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com