- Uniontown, PA
What you'll be doing
- Mentor and support direct reports. Identify and implement training programs as necessary. Define, coordinate, and monitor quality assurance programs and supervise activities of the quality assurance specialist. Oversee plans and preparations for inspections. Oversee staffing of all personnel in the laboratory. Effectively maintains quality staffing by interviewing, hiring, training and providing staff development through performance evaluation and corrective counseling. Identify future needs in terms of staff, equipment, and facilities. Review test performance, drives process and project management, and prepares and submits required reports to meet established deadlines. Manage test database. Ensure departmental standard operating procedures and database accurately reflects the current process. Coordinate R&D activities as it relates to operations and actively participates on subspecialty committees, corporate committees, and business unit committees as needed. Develop annual budget and manage department costs and resources to adhere to budget. Resolve problems through interaction with clients via phone calls or other means of communication. Define, coordinate and monitor EHS programs and supervise activities of the department safety coordinator.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 8 years laboratory experience with at least 4 years of direct supervisory experience in the clinical or anatomical pathology laboratory. Business background and understanding of P&L statements and improvement of P&L. Six sigma greenbelt training is a plus.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in life sciences required. Master degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital and healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org