Laboratory Department Supervisor
- Denver, CO
What you'll be doing
- Under the direction of laboratory director the department supervisor plans, coordinates and directs the daily activities of the department and performs technical and sophisticated testing procedures to obtain timely and accurate clinical data. The supervisor is responsible for monitoring actions of all personnel who report to them, providing quality service and ensures compliance with CAP, JCAHO, FDA, AABB and CLIA-FACT standards. Provides technical assistance and training of laboratory personnel, maintains data CQI and evaluates performance. Ensures validity and accuracy of test results by review of result logs, QC, CQI and worksheets where applicable. Services available in the hospital and the interactions with the laboratory. Strives to improve knowledge, leadership skills, training skills and technological skills, and knowledge through formal and informal education. Reviews and updates information for age related patient care addressing neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
What your background should be
- Certification requires an examination for MT, ASCP, NCA OR HEW, MLT or NCA certification and one year internship or appropriate experience prior to examination. HEW, MLT certification required. Four years of minimum experience as a technologist in assigned area required. Strong leadership, good interpersonal and computer skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- BA or BS in medical technology or related field (chemistry, biology etc.).
Who is the client company
- This is a healthcare services company that operates hospitals and nursing centers.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com