Lab Assistant, Specimen Procurement
- Savannah, GA
What you'll be doing
- Determine tube type, volume, and techniques necessary for requested lab test, obtains specimen through the most efficient route, transports specimens to lab, and assist nursing services in blood collection as needed or requested. Practice error prevention techniques in verifying patient and specimen and patient identification prior to any phlebotomy procedure. Pay attention to detail and focuses on specimens by priority or schedule assignment as appropriate, ensuring that critical or stat specimens are handled appropriately and routine work in not delayed unnecessarily. Review and research uncollected logs and make proper decisions to resolve outstanding orders with consult with other lab team members as necessary. Communicate any issues with log or other issues as shift changes and at other times as necessary. Pass off beepers per policy. Communicate effectively with peers, nurses, lab team members and supervisors and others.
What your background should be
- Certification in phlebotomy recommended. Special skills required: phlebotomy on the job, by experience or education, theory and application, computer/clerical skills. Must have good communication skills. Multitasking ability must.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED required.
Who is the client company
- This is an award-winning academic medical center.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org