Kindergarten Instructional Paraprofessional
- Brighton, CO
What you'll be doing
- The kindergarten instructional paraprofessional will assist with planning and instructing individual and small groups of students in all academic areas in inclusive classrooms. The candidate will supervise and instruct individual and small groups of students without certified teacher present for purposes of tutoring and other activities. Supervise students in the lunchroom, on the playground, and during other various student activities to ensure the safety and security of students. S/he will prepare various material used in classrooms, including designing, copying, binding etc. Assist with student data collection that includes daily student work cum folders, portfolios, report cards, and recording assessment data. Assist the teacher in parent communication to share information about the upcoming appointment and events, including preparing written communication as requested. Administer tests to determine academic skill levels as directed by certified instructors.
What your background should be
- Experience or training in working with elementary age students required. Knowledge of current teaching methodologies, elementary curriculum, and instructional practices, and knowledge of the current district literacy program or willingness to learn required. Must be able to get along with others, be flexible to change, and willing to work with multiple grade levels and teachers. Possess excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with school staff, students, and parents. The incumbent should have passion and desire to help students improve their literacy skills and other educational skills. S/he must be able to pass a Colorado and federal bureau of investigation background check. Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are helpful.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com