Key Account Specialist
- San Jose, CA
What you'll be doing
- Promote and demonstrate artisanal spirits or beer knowledge within a set geographic region to increase sales among high profile restaurants and retail accounts. Make regular sales calls to designated accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided. Partner with multiple sales divisions in the accounts to increase artisanal sales and act as a liaison with customers regarding selections and placements. Educate and train customers on the artisanal spirits or beer portfolio. Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business. Exhibit discipline and resourcefulness to meet or exceed assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives. Participate in sales meetings and on-site training to remain educated in company policy and industry trends or developments. Educate account staff through preparation and performance of on-site training for restaurant and retail trade. Create, coordinate and attend on-site promotional functions at established customer accounts. (i.e. product launches and tastings). Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to client company salesperson responsibilities and policies. Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
What your background should be
- 1-2 years of industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community. Comprehensive understanding of artisanal brands. Reside within a thirty minute radius of a retail account within the established territory. Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driving license, proof of state registration and insurance and an acceptable driving record. Must be at least 21 years of age. Goal oriented, focused and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision. Ability to understand the market planning process. Basic understanding and use of selling skills, public speaking skills and the ability to express oneself in an articulate, succinct and professional manner.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company is the largest wine and spirits distributor in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org