Junior Business Development Manager
- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- Manage a sound sales plan for existing and new ABCs, selling small commercial retail electricity and natural gas accounts across selected markets, including the preparation of account development plans for those accounts and regions. Manage and process all incoming direct small commercial sales leads. Develop sales and proposal presentations, coordinate contract negotiations and manage customer accounts. Respond to all bid types on time, including standard price requests and RFPs. Apply market and account skills necessary for dealing with specific target audiences. Utilize and understand both matrix and custom generated pricing for opportunities. Identify and make sales presentations to ABCs for the delivery of electricity and natural gas sales to C&I customers across all markets. Produce weekly sales management reports. Complete training commensurate with the position. Identify and help resolve client issues. Assist with any necessary collection efforts on assigned accounts. Generate business that meets or exceeds quota. Ensure excellent customer service and account management, providing pre and post sales support. Support the marketing activity by staffing key industry events in the region and providing local market knowledge to the marketing management team. Provide feedback to management on the company strengths and weaknesses in the marketplace. Stay abreast of competitor activities and opportunities to provide new products or services to generate additional profitable sales. Act as a team member with all employees across a variety of departments. Comply with all company policies and procedures. Entertainment during and after hours of ABCs and clients as necessary and appropriate. Proform additional responsibilities as assigned.
What your background should be
- 2 years experience in sales prospecting, both face to face and phone cold calling. Must be self directed and learn business and new products quickly. Demonstrated experience in coordinating and managing internal technical resources with customer needs and opportunities to successfully consummate retail electricity and natural gas deals. Valid driving license required. Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, with the ability to work flexible work hours as needed. Ability to meet highest attendance requirements. Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently. Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc. Could involve some lifting up to 20 pounds. Ability to sit for extended periods of time without much movement. Ability to work in time sensitive environment with non flexible deadlines.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor degree in marketing, business, or relevant field of study preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about natural gas, electricity, utilities and energy services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com