Jr. Faculty Midwife
- Washington, DC
What you'll be doing
- Works closely with the director of midwifery services and other faculty midwives to provide expert leadership. Educates and supervises resident staff, students, and nurses in patient-centered, evidence-based midwifery management of pregnant women on labor and delivery and in the outpatient setting (MFA). Performs outpatient GYN care to include annual exams, contraceptive counseling, minor GYN problem visits and other related care items. Manages patients who are admitted to labor and delivery, triage, and other obstetrical units in collaboration with attending physicians and the house staff. Works collaboratively with the medical faculty on labor and delivery and in the outpatient setting. Follows established standards, procedures protocols and practices, which are developed by the hospital department of obstetrics and gynaecology.
What your background should be
- Minimum 1 year of clinical experience is required. Experience teaching residents, midwifery students, and medical students. Experience working as a part of a collaborative team of providers. Proficient in fetal heart rate monitor interpretation and intermittent auscultation. Experience in research and writing preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduation from an accredited school of nurse-midwifery along with master degree is required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about medical services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com