- Belle Glade, FL
What you'll be doing
- Assess required job duties for specific jobs in which participant is to be assigned to facilitate the employer training process. Outline instructions in order of performance and in a format consistent with need of participants to serve as memory aids. After initial employer training, demonstrate the job skills to the participants, and assist participants with performance and comprehension of processes and performance requirements. Review and assist participant with planning clothing, transportation, and communication requirements prior to job placement. Observe the participant at the job site, watching for performance of duties as well as appearance, hygiene, interaction with others, and ability to follow instruction and accept direction from supervisors and co-workers. Communicate with participant regarding any issues that require attention or correction. Encourage participant to communicate any anxiety, stress or frustration issues which may interfere with the success of the job placement, and work with the participant to resolve such issues. Serve as the facilitator between the participant and the employer. Discuss and set up emotional strategies with the participants supervisor and/or co-workers to minimize any future problems.
What your background should be
- One or two years of related work experience with disabled persons. Ability to work a flexible schedule of day, evening and weekend hours. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing. Ability to maintain rapport with others both inside and outside the organization.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This is an American nonprofit organization that provides job training, employment placement services, and other community-based programs for people who have disabilities.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org