IT Support Technologist
- Knoxville, TN
What you'll be doing
- Video conferencing: configuration, installation, and operation/management of video conferencing endpoint and infrastructure equipment (bridge, gatekeeper, management system). Assisting faculty and staff with video conference setup and operation. Troubleshooting ongoing video conferences via both telephone and onsite visit. Providing tier two support for video conferencing related issues across the university system. Facilitation of support issues with equipment manufacturers and vendors. Web casting: consult with clients (faculty, staff or students) about capabilities and best practices. Resource scheduling. Audio/video equipment operation (cameras, microphones, mixers, video switcher). Digital encoding equipment operation.
What your background should be
- Three years of experience supporting hardware based video conferencing systems and applications and/or online video applications. Ability to work nights and weekends. Any of the following would be considered a plus: Polycom or Cisco/Tandberg certifications. Experience with Sonicfoundry Mediasite platform. Intermediate level knowledge of IP addressing, DNS and Nat. Basic level knowledge of firewall traversal systems/strategies job information technology.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree in audio/video related field or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a public sun-grant and land grant university.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org