IT Project Manager
- Jersey City, NJ
What you'll be doing
- Manage projects as assigned by the program manager which will include the activities outlined below. Work closely with business analysis, development, quality assurance, business groups and infrastructure teams to ensure successful delivery of all projects which form part of the overall program of work. Create or maintain all project management artifacts for the projects. Chair various weekly project meetings with the project team and with various stakeholders in the project. Report weekly to the various stakeholder categories on project status to plan, issues, etc. Prepare, maintain and publish project budgets, including all time and materials expenses, such as hardware, software, development and support resources, etc. Collect, trend and report key project management metrics for measuring performance using time tracking system and other sources of project costs. Develop, communicate and coordinate project plans, schedules and resource allocation with development managers, project team members and other groups within IT as required. Update project plans and publish changes as project progresses through development life cycle. Ensure each phase of the project management framework is completed to standards by using prescribed checklists and other tools to ensure thoroughness and by obtaining management approvals as needed. Identification and communication or project risks and the development of risk mitigation strategies and escalation procedures. Provide assistance with requirements gathering, documentation, prototyping and walk-throughs, as required. Coordinate definition and institution of service level agreements (SLAs) for internal and external service providers by application and location. Engage QA testing team and assure timely and accurate completion. Coordinate with change management the planning for all system changes and assure timely and accurate completion. Assure proper planning for production server redundancy and provisions for failover to disaster recovery site. Coordinate with production management preparation for deployment and on-going support by the designated support personnel. Coordinate with test manager the cross-application testing, synchronization of test environments and communication of status integrated applications systems. Liaise with external parties as required to ensure successful project delivery.
What your background should be
- 4+ years practical experience in managing complex projects. Knowledge and experience of project methodologies. PMP or IMPA certified is a bonus. Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the following competencies: project management, information technology, creativity, business analysis, problem solving, service level management, multitasking and service management. Must be self-motivated and driven. Ability to lead and motivate others. Demonstrated strong proficiency in interpersonal and communication skills including oral and written English. Strong Microsoft project, Excel and Microsoft SharePoint skills. Experience with JIRA is a bonus. Availability and willingness to travel occasionally to other locations for business.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in computer sciences or information systems or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about information technology and services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com