IT Project Management Sr. Specialist
- Nashville, TN
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for coordinating, scheduling and assigning project tasks, team building, maintaining working relationships with client functional areas outside of IT. Applies project development methodologies and reporting techniques to indicate project status. Reviews, evaluates and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets. Allocates staff and budget resources to meet changing corporate needs. Identifies and negotiates schedules, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives. Organizes and guides project operations through the use of methodologies accepted by the industry. Evaluates progress and reports progress in terms of quality and performance metrics common to IT projects. Modifies schedules as required. Works with client departments to coordinate systems testing, installation, training and support. May direct one or more teams of project managers, specialists, analysts and programmers.
What your background should be
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Ability to work constructively in a team environment. Typically 5 years of project management experience including 2 years of software project management, or the equivalent in education and work experience. Able to manage projects from inception to successful implementation. Strong analytical, communication, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills. SQL and ASP.NET experience a plus.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in computer science, or related discipline.
Who is the client company
- This is a global health services organization that provides medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance and related products and services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org