- Landover, MD
What you'll be doing
- The client company is currently looking for a summer IT intern for the networking or helpdesk team. The IT intern will assist the networking or helpdesk teams in day to day operations. Such assistance will focus on networking, infrastructure, telecommunications, and application systems. Assist network team with deployment of new hardware (servers, switches, routers, etc.) Provide assistance with launching new software and applications. Perform maintenance on existing systems and applications. Maintain/create documentation associated with internal infrastructure. Perform light admin and clerical duties. Other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Broad experience with web based computing services: Google apps for business, salesforce, support tickets, CMS software, video/audio conferencing, electronic fax. Demonstrated awareness of MS Windows domain environments, office networking, telecommunications, and business applications/systems. Knowledge of server virtualization and hosted infrastructure. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve various issues including hardware, software, and application. Demonstrated knowledge of the OSI model. Strong communication (written/verbal) and collaborations skills, desire to share knowledge and train a great team, ability to keep everyone focused on the same goals. Fastidious, detail oriented, and committed to the highest work standards. Ability to work late and emergency hours when necessary to maintain high level of service, availability for contact around the clock in case of outages or emergencies. Enthusiasm and the flexibility to thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere of constant change and rapid growth.
Required Schooling / Training
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate program.
Who is the client company
- This is an educational technology company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com