- Austin, TX
What you'll be doing
- Conducts all aspects of environmental investigations, including but not limited to interviewing suspects and witnesses; collecting, handling, preserving and processing chain of custody evidence; investigating crime scenes, and preparing crime scene photos and diagrams. Locates prosecution witnesses, conducts background investigations of suspects, obtains criminal histories and statements from witnesses and suspects. Prepares reports of progress on assigned cases; monitors and evaluates cases for completeness and identifies needed follow-up; coordinates case preparation with officers and investigators with other law enforcement, health, and code enforcement agencies. Provides environmental consultation to and education and training of environmental enforcement personnel and the general public. Conducts all aspects of criminal investigations. Handles and preserves chain of custody of evidence. Gathers, reviews medical records, and pathology reports, if applicable. Interviews victims, witnesses and complainants; obtains criminal histories. Interviews suspects and witnesses; collecting preserving and processing evidence. Locates prosecution witnesses, conducts background investigations of suspects, obtains criminal histories and statements from witnesses and suspects. Takes and prepares affidavits, statements, and confessions; prepares and executes subpoenas, and warrants. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum two to five (5) years of responsible investigation and law enforcement officer experience is required. Must have basic and intermediate certification from Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE). Criminal, administrative, and civil laws. Legal filing procedures. Law enforcement administration. Ability to safely collect and process environmental samples. Ability to understand and apply investigative techniques and methods in order to perform segments of progressively difficult investigations.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice.
Who is the client company
- This is a small county in Texas.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org