Inventory and Pricing Dept. Manager
- Ocean City, MD
What you'll be doing
- Ensure full pricing accuracy, including verifying all pricing labels are up and are accurate with regard to correct price and current offer date. Ensure that the store is well stocked and inventory counts are accurate. Ensure proper staffing levels are appropriate for receiving and processing stock. Ensure that the backroom and equipment is organized and clean per OSE standards. Prioritize merchandise moving to sales floor and areas to be stocked. Perform routine housekeeping task to maintain the stores appearance and meet OSE standards. Ensure highest productivity levels are achieved for receiving, processing and stocking. Train and develop associates on proper receiving, processing and stocking procedures according to company standards. Abide by and enforces all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to those designed to minimize shrink. Adhere to and promote established safety procedures. Ensure the facilitation and accuracy/integrity of the blue dot program. Ensure that unforgivable are in stock at all times. Manage and coach sales associates in providing great customer service and in performing their assigned task with the objective of achieving budgeted sales. Communicate all situations and/or conditions that affect the store to the GM/AM (e.g., customer complaints, item requests, inadequate inventory levels, etc.). Perform duties and assume responsibility as manager on duty (MOD) as needed.
What your background should be
- Previous experience in retail setting as an inventory manager, department manager, team lead or sales associate. Experience supervising associates, or demonstrating an aptitude for training, motivation and sales technologies, analytical abilities as well as a professional appearance and demeanor. Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED is required.
Who is the client company
- This is a privately held pet retailer in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org