- New York, NY
What you'll be doing
- Identify interpretive needs for special exhibits and permanent collection with the curator of interpretive content for public engagement and other members of the horticulture staff. Manage aspects of interpretive development including writing, editing, routing for credits and approval, design, production, and installation. Research content for interpretation and write interpretive text as needed. Along with the curator of interpretive content for public engagement, identify appropriate staff or consultants to write interpretation and manage process to ensure timely delivery. Oversee maintenance and distribution of audio tours. Oversee development process for tours along with the curator of interpretive content for public engagement. Review, maintain, conduct inventory and update all existing interpretive content as needed including audio tours, signage, collateral, and any other modes of interpretation that might exist. Ensure that all materials in compliance with the requirements set forth by the American disabilities act. Track and evaluate usage of interpretive tools and develop reports.
What your background should be
- Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing, and managing interpretation for exhibits, preferably at an informal science or cultural organization. Strong organizational and planning skills. Must have strong communication and writing skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- College degree, preferably with a concentration in a science, art, or museum related field.
Who is the client company
- This is a botanical garden and national historic landmark located in the Bronx, New York City.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com