Internal Auditor Associate
- Buffalo, NY
What you'll be doing
- The Internal Auditor Associate shall be responsible for effecting positive change within the company by making recommendations developed by performing operational, financial, and compliance audits as assigned. Maintains confidentiality and uses only the minimum amount of protected health information (PHI) necessary to accomplish job related responsibilities. The incumbent might also be asked to perform some other duties as needed. Every associate is given a job description upon hire outlining the qualifications, duties, and pay grade of the position.
What your background should be
- A minimum of three years operational and financial auditing experience or a minimum of eight years of progressively more responsible experience at independent health or a minimum of 10 years of progressively more responsible experience in the health insurance industry. Additional consideration will be granted to candidates with a professional designation (CIA, CPA, CCSA, CISA). Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills; ability to interpret complex information and present it in an easily understandable and meaningful format. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to effectively research and communicate audit issues and concerns and interact with multiple levels of management and demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal daily supervision. Must be able to handle multiple assignments, manage changing priorities and deal well with stressful situations. Microsoft Office skills required; advanced skills such as querying and data mining are highly desirable. Ability to effectively participate on cross-functional teams as a representative of the internal audit department and proven examples of displaying the IH values: passion, caring, collaborative, respectful and accountable.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree preferred but additional years of highly relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a college degree.
Who is the client company
- This is a not for profit health plan that continually provide community with innovative health related products and services, which enable affordable access to quality health care.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com