Intermediate Compliance Analyst (AML Investigations)
- Long Island City, NY
What you'll be doing
- The intermediate compliance analyst is responsible for conducting investigations, performing analysis and follow-up and work cases to completion according to AML procedures. Identify potential high profile AML issues and flag for escalations and assignments in respective case management tools. Collect and examine customer financial statements and documents to assist in identifying unusual transaction patterns. Conduct research over available bank systems, the internet and databases consistent with the resolution of investigations. Follow-up with additional points of contact (POC) as needed to identify additional information in support of the case. Compile supporting documents and data including media and transaction including documenting review findings for compliance and business management review. Write and prepare suspicious activity reports (SARS) and recommend relationship retention or termination. Liaise with other FIU units, advisory, business compliance teams, CSIS, FIU LEGAL, GIU, and law enforcement. Conduct cross sector reviews among multiple business lines. Triage cases and identify items appropriate for senior management escalation. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- 2+ years of experience in reviewing customer transactions and information for potentially suspicious activity and performing AML or financial investigations. Knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the bank secrecy act, the USA patriot act, us treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and suspicious activity reporting requirements. 2+ years of experience in reviewing and approving know. Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills. Excellent research skills including experience with online search tools. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook. Strong writing, analytical and communications skills. Strong attention to detail. Able to multitask and complete projects on time.
Required Schooling / Training
- Four year college degree or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the leading global banks.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org