Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
- Madison, WI
What you'll be doing
- Create responsibility matrices, instrument indexes, bills of material (BOMs) and other project tools. Develop and/or review wiring schematics and control panel layout drawings. Obtain, review, and report on equipment quotations, contractor bids, proposals, and technical submittal. Assist with specifying instrumentation including various flow, level, pressure, and temperature measurement devices. Work with suppliers and internal purchasing to procure instrumentation and controls equipment for projects. Program and integrate human-machine interfaces (HMIs) and programmable logic controllers (PLCs) including offerings from others. Create work orders and coordinate control panel manufacturing with manufacturing facility. Assist with designing, setting up, and performing system functionality tests on equipment in manufacturing facility and at customer sites. Assist with developing wire pull schedules and scope of work documents for contractors to use in bidding and construction.
What your background should be
- Involvement and/or intern-ship experience with PLC programming would be a plus. Knowledge of control signals, including basic signal circuit design. Experience in using CAD software, AutoCAD electrical software preferred, but not required. Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems, including root cause failure analysis and correction. Ability to analyze risks and hazards.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering.
Who is the client company
- Concern about engineering and construction management services
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org