- Baldwin, MI
What you'll be doing
- As a vocational instructor you will provide instruction to inmates/detainees for various labor and/or technical skills through classroom instruction, demonstration and practical exercises. Teacher responsibilities include: maintaining records including testing, daily offender work, attendance and general record keeping. Assessing educational needs of inmates, developing lessons plans to address those needs to include individualized assignments and training. Administering, scoring, and interpreting examinations and proficiency indicators. Counseling students concerning their performance, behavior and personal problems.
What your background should be
- As a vocational instructor you should have the basic knowledge to teach students in public and private setting, comfortable with teaching various labor and/or technical skills. Two years of relevant teaching experience. Five years of relevant wage-earning work experience. Valid teaching certificate from the state department of education or comparable authority.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university.
Who is the client company
- This is a Florida-based company specializing in corrections, detention and mental health treatment.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org