Institutional Support (Admin & Fiscal Support)
- Honolulu, HI
What you'll be doing
- Provide full-range and comprehensive professional staff support to the assistant vice chancellor which includes performing complex and confidential support services. Collaborate and coordinate with enrollment management offices, student affairs units, colleges and various administrative offices to facilitate workflow and resolve issues. Draft pertinent documents including action memoranda, procedures, response to inquiries and reports. Manage office operations for enrollment management by coordinating programs under the assistant vice chancellor. Include establishing office procedures, scheduling appointments, handling incoming mail and walk-in inquiries and independently resolving issues. Respond to student, faculty, staff, parents, alumni and community members on issues and concerns. Consult with appropriate individuals to resolve matters expeditiously and professionally. Monitor and handle sensitive student issues including those following under the family educational rights and privacy act (FERPA). Assist with the conduct of fact-finding and investigations as needed. Assist with the review, analysis and preparation of administrative, fiscal and personnel related documents as required. Assist with procurement management including processing of requisitions, purchase orders, bid specifications and quotes, travel requests and completions and procurement card transactions. Assist with human resource management including recruitment, position classification, record maintenance, personnel actions and benefit administration. Assist in fix assets inventory management functions including preparing and processing of acquisition data, distributing and affixing of decals, equipment transfers and disposal applications. Assist with research and collection of statistical data to prepare reports relating to program operations. Create spreadsheets that would present data in an effective reporting style. Assist with financial management functions to include preparing deposits and salary transfers and reconciling accounts. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- 2 years of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for administrative services or program management or equivalent education or training or experience. Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in administrative services or program management demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology. Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with procurement and or human resources. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in education, business administration, social sciences or related field.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com