Inside Sales Representative
- East Chicago, IN
What you'll be doing
- The role and responsibilities associated with the inside sales representative are designed to maintain and strengthen the customer relationships managed by company metals outside sales representatives. Principal accountabilities: 40% customer support customer accounts by establishing relationships, clarifying needs, and managing the process with customers to accurately forecast needs. Effectively work with clients in problem/resolution situations. Follow up with customer claims and new product inquiries. Daily interaction with outside sales team. Review and quote spot pricing opportunities with customers, follow up on customer quotations. Maintain excellent internal and external customer relationships 30% order management: enter and expedite orders from the field, verify pricing, assure accuracy of orders and monitor deliveries. Act as an advocate for customers and collaborate with other departments to ensure the customer receives the correct product, on time and at the correct cost. 15% sales management. Support develops strategies for territory accounts. Call customers proactively to investigate new opportunities and solicit orders support business management directives and decisions. Collaboratively work with outside sales reps to develop and maximize opportunities.
What your background should be
- Three or more years of experience in sales, sales support or customer service within a manufacturing/industrial environment. Strong communication skills in both written and verbal, interpersonal and leadership skills willing to travel 5% of the time for customer visits/and or training self-motivated, analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to manage time, balance multiple tasks and constantly work with changing priorities. Demonstrated ability to think and act independently, take initiative when appropriate. Ability to be a team player. Able to work in fast paced, self-directed environment. Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Previous experience within the steel industry, preferably hot roll steel.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate's or bachelor's degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is an American privately held, global corporation.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org