- Columbia, MD
What you'll be doing
- Provide thought and day-to-day leadership. Coordinate team leads (system administration, data base administration, configuration management, TIVOLI/TWS administration and EFT administration) to ensure that overall DSH hardware and operating system software is currently functional. Work with other DSH project and program managers to anticipate, plan and roll out hardware and operating system solutions for continued DSH enhancement. Review and communicate plans to senior DSH management and CMS project contacts. As directed by CMS, support federal government and contract teams to integrate DSH functionality with external ACA partners, including state and federal insurance marketplaces, trusted data source, issuers, disaster recovery solution providers and other third parties. Gather weekly status from team leads and deliver a weekly infrastructure status report to the DSH technical writing team. Review, approve and distribute on-call support schedules as defined by each respective team lead. Manage project budget and resource allocations, plan and schedule project timelines; monitor and approve infrastructure team time reporting and attendance. Convene daily status meeting between team leads. Collect and review daily stand up emails from each infrastructure team member; support infrastructure team personnel issues as required; communicate staff requirements to senior DSH management. Utilize expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met. Maintain stability of the cloud infrastructure as new products and services are introduced; monitor and manage infrastructure capacity. Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions. Build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
What your background should be
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in infrastructure and technical operations. At least 4 years of experience leading or supporting infrastructure and operations for large technology implementations. Experience in designing and managing cloud-based iaas/paas/saas solutions. Direct working experience capturing enterprise scale cloud and data center consolidation, modernization, and/or virtualization opportunities. Large scale data center operations and/or design experience with particular focus on performance-based service catalog and cost-reimbursable efforts preferred. Solid understanding and operational experience in high availability, high performance systems. Expert knowledge of cloud infrastructure, database, network, storage and security, as well as an understanding of the interdependencies between them in an overall service architecture.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in a technology discipline preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is an established organization with a proven track record delivering a broad range of solutions with particular expertise in security & privacy, software engineering, and health IT.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com