Information Systems/Networks Security Specialist
- Schriever AFB, CO
What you'll be doing
- Carries out all phases of information systems/networks security program that involves access to computers and computerized data enabling company to meet contractual requirements for networks security through firewalls and intrusion detection systems. Conducts regular audits to ensure that systems are being operated securely, and information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans. Develops, tests, and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment tools. Safeguards the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure. Researches, evaluates, tests, communicates and implements new security software or devices. Implements, enforces, communicates and develops security policies or plans for data, software applications, and hardware, telecommunications and information systems security education/awareness programs. Conducts routine investigations of information systems security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management. Responds to queries and requests for computer security information and reports. Reports into the security department and acts as a liaison between the it and security functions or may report directly into the it function.
What your background should be
- At least 5 years of experience in developing and implementing intrusion detection systems and firewalls. Comp TIA Security +/IAT II certified. Must possess a final top secret security clearance. Proficient in Microsoft office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook) preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution.
Who is the client company
- The client company provides integrated technology solutions worldwide to department of defense clients in the areas of C4ISR operations, aerospace mission support, engineering, information technology, logistics and training.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com