Information Security Officer
- Elk Grove Village, IL
What you'll be doing
- Develop effective information security policy and standard, monitor compliance and work with management to ensure policy and standard implement effectively. Ensure that organizational goal and objective supported by an information security program. Develop and maintain information security risk assessment designed to evaluate inherent risk, control and residual risk. Directly manage or oversee the information security reporting process and prepare the annual information security report to the board. Directly manage or oversee the test and monitor of security control, system and procedure to assess adequacy and effectiveness. Consult with IT and other business unit during project and product development effort to ensure that appropriate security control consider during and integrate with vendor selection and process development effort. Coordinate incident response plan and report for information security activity. Ensure linkage with BCP and disaster recovery plan. Ensure access to all information systems is controlled, both internally and externally, commensurate with the level of potential risk. Ensure all employee receive mandatory training in information security awareness and information security policy, guideline and procedure. Oversee the training process, including related educational material and presentation and ensure the understanding of obligation and responsibility within the objective of the information security policy and program. Direct involvement in regulatory IT examination. Report directly to the board and IT oversight committee on matter concerning information security. Monitor and keep informed about regulation, technology trend, industry standard and best practice related to information security risk, control and technology.
What your background should be
- Minimum 5-10 years information security or cybercrime related experience required. Information security experience preferably in a banking environment. Demonstrated understanding of current technology and regulatory trends affecting financial institution information security programs. Knowledge of laws, regulations and compliance frameworks such as GLBA, ISO, NIST, COBIT, SOX, HIPAA and PCI DSS. Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to create and present technical information to line of business leadership. Professional certifications such as certified information system security professional (CISSP), certified information security manager (CISM) or certified information systems auditor (CISA) preferred. Regular local travel to various bank branch and department locations is required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in computer science, management information systems, business or related discipline required.
Who is the client company
- Concern about financial services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org