- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Provide ongoing monitoring of 0-3 prevention initiative classrooms, including: monthly classroom observations, review of files, review and follow-up of all COPA data, implementation of policies, procedures and standards relevant to assigned content area. Monitors and provides supervision of the parents as teachers model to ensure quality implementation to children and families. Provide support to EHS classroom teachers in the implementation of the creative curriculum for infants, toddlers and two's and developmentally appropriate practices according to prevention initiative, early head start education and NAEYC standards. Review and monitor all screenings, assessments, and evaluations of children in early head start/0-3 programs. Work cooperatively with the EHS staff, family service workers, and parents to integrate medical, dental, health, social services, mental health and special needs of the children environments and curriculum.
What your background should be
- Must have previous work experience in childcare or related field; some knowledge of head start and the creative curriculum; at least 6 hours training in caring for children with disabilities and successful completion of infant toddler courses or certification in 0-3 programs; familiarity with CYS current computerized system (COPA).
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree required, in early childhood education or related field with an infant toddler specialization credential.
Who is the client company
- This is an independent nonprofit organization.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com