Indirect Buyer - Freight Services
- Philadelphia, PA
What you'll be doing
- Reviews together with commodity owner all internal customer requirements. Selects vendors, prepares and obtains quotations. Examines bids, negotiates cost reductions, summarizes and recommends purchase awards. Completes Supplier negotiations and recommends agreement on expiring LTAs, MOUs, price agreements and price lists. Analysis of group purchasing volumes and cost saving analysis. Develops new sources to fulfill assigned requirements. Defines problems, recommends and implements solutions to problems. Manages Supplier performance. Provides customer service; communicates forecasts and improves on time delivery. Increases order throughput rates, reduces process cycle times and decreases total turnaround times (TAT) of purchase orders. Liaison with internal/external customers and departments. Works closely with finance to resolve invoice discrepancies and with the receiving/shipping department to resolve transaction errors and hold codes. Complies with all procurement policies, procedures and processes
What your background should be
- Must have five to eight years of supply chain management experience. Good understanding of internal customer requirements. Office Suite and SAP knowledge or comparable ERP system knowledge. Intercultural awareness, ability to create and maintain relations and able to work under pressure and meet customer deadlines.
Required Schooling / Training
- BA/BS in Business or related field.
Who is the client company
- Concerns with Recruiting, Staffing Services, Master Service Provider, Outsourced Engineering, and Clinical Solutions.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org